Welcome to my blog... I am a Christian woman, a wife, and mother of little ones. I do not have it all together, but am struggling to find and do the commandments of the Lord as they are written in the Bible. I desire to love God and love people. Through faith in Jesus Christ, I have been saved by grace- something for which I am eternally grateful. He is sufficient for me...














Monday, April 19, 2010

Memorial Box Monday: The Onion Story

This story, The Onion Story, is to commemorate a wonderful thing the Lord did in my life a couple years ago. For more about Memorial Box Monday, click the image above or visit Linny's blog at aplacecalledsimplicity.blogspot.com.
Most of my life, like many people, if I had to be around onions, my eyes would water. If I ever had to cut onions, this was certainly not fun, since I experienced burning and tears in my eyes and I could hardly see what I was cutting. I didn't like it.
Then one day, I prayed to the Lord, "Lord, please, don't let me cry when I cut onions. Help my eyes." I believed.
He did it! The next time I was around onions, I noticed I had no issues whatsoever. Then, my friend April was cutting onions for a party (a lot of onions!) and she was wiping tears away. I said, "Let me do that." She asked, "Really?" And I chopped those onions with no burning and no tears in my eyes. Praise the Lord!
That was two years ago. I have cooked with and chopped onions since then and have never had a problem.
He hears our prayers. Praise You, Jesus.
Brittany

7 comments:

  1. It's amazing how the little things and events in our lives are the stepping stones to even greater faith...SO COOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. God cares about the smallest details of our lives and hears all our requests! Thanks for sharing.... www.myautumnyears.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it! So are you putting an onion in your Memorial Box? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great story of God's desire to meet our needs - even the simplest ones!! I love it!! Thank you for sharing! xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. that's so funny! What did you put in the box?

    ReplyDelete